Activity 2: "Wisdom to Know the Difference" Scenarios
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Wisdom to Know the Difference Scenarios
Preparation for Activity
- Review the three scenarios so you will be able to discuss them without continually referring to the page.
Description of Activity
Participants explore how the Serenity Prayer might help them find inner peace and choose right action in their own lives. They view three scenarios through the lens of "the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Read each scenario out loud. After each scenario, ask the group:
- What in this situation would you simply have to accept?
- What in this situation might you be able to change?
- What would be likely outcomes if you had the wisdom to know the difference, and acted accordingly?
- What would be likely outcomes if you tried to change what wasn't changeable? What if you did not try to change the things you could?
Including All Participants
Make sure that participants who are less vocal, or who take more time to process their thoughts, have the opportunity to share if they wish.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.