Activity 1: Story - Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, "Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story and prepare to share it with the group.
- Review the discussion questions and choose those that will best help the participants share their interpretations of the story and relate it to their own lives.
Description of Activity
Read or tell the story to the group.
Invite the group to be silent for a moment to think about the story.
Begin a discussion by asking the participants to recap the story in their own words. What they recall indicates what they found most meaningful or memorable.
Lead a discussion using these questions:
- How does it feel when you have a fight with a friend?
- How do you usually respond if you feel a friend of family member is being unfair to you?
- Have you ever tried to calm down and accept a situation you cannot change? If so, how did you find serenity (a sense of peace inside)? If you were angry, how did you let go of that?
- What are some things we might try, to help us find serenity in difficult situations?
- When and where is it easiest for you to find serenity - peace inside yourself?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.