Learning Objectives, Session 8: Seek Truth
In "Faithful Journeys," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn about the Afro-Caribbean Unitarian minister Egbert Ethelred Brown
- Encounter the complexity of our faith's legacy — affirming each person's value and search for truth and meaning on the one hand, yet expressing racial prejudice on the other
- Understand the basic, historical definition of a Unitarian theology
- Have a visceral experience of searching, in a Move It! game
- Experience a treasure hunt that embodies a search for truth and meaning
- Consider their own ministry and calling
- Identify actions they might take that would reflect the signpost "Seek Truth"
- Name ways they did or could translate their Unitarian Universalist faith and/or Principles into action.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources