Leader Reflection and Planning, Session 16: Get Moving
In "Faithful Journeys," a Tapestry of Faith program
Take a few minutes to evaluate the curriculum as a whole with your co-leader immediately afterward, while it is fresh. Share your thoughts with any other team co-leaders and your director of religious education. You might find it helpful to consider these questions:
- Which activities worked well today? What didn't work so well?
- Were all children actively engaged? If not, who wasn't and why might that have been? How could they have been better included?
- How well did the activities match the learning styles of the children in this group? What could we do differently, in future programs, to better address learning styles?
- How well did this session balance physically active with sedentary activities?
- How well did this session work in our time frame, and in terms of the logistics of engaging members of our congregation?
- Were there any behavior issues? If so, how can we address them in the future? Do we need more information or help in this area?
- What connections did children make with the activities and/or central ideas? How did we know that was occurring?
- What connections did children make with each other? What connections did we make with the children? When was that most evident?
- Overall, did we successfully create a program characterized by inclusion, diversity appreciation, respect, a noncompetitive environment, and welcome? What could we have done differently?
- What questions or issues arose in this session that we might like to discuss with our director of religious education?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources