Leader Resource 1: Preparing to Share Your Faithful Journey
Thank you for agreeing to visit our Faithful Journeys group to share a story of putting your faith into action. During this program, the children have explored ways they can and do act on their values and beliefs and have learned about past and present Unitarians, Universalists, and UUs who also put their faith into action.
We look forward to seeing you on (day, date, time and place). You may like to prepare with these questions:
- When was the first time you remember taking action to express a belief or value?
- What are some other times you have acted to express your beliefs and values?
- Prepare to tell about one particular time you put your faith into action.
- What was your action? Did you act alone or with others?
- What inspired you to act?
- How did you decide what action to take?
- When you took action, what happened?
- How did you feel at the time? How do you feel about it now?
- Have you ever been afraid to stand up for what you thought was right? Why?
- How does our Unitarian Universalist community support you in putting your faith into action?
- How do our Unitarian Universalist Principles inform or affirm the choices you make in life?
- Is one of our Unitarian Universalist Principles particularly important to you? Prepare to tell why it matters to you and some ways you act to affirm that Principle.
- Do you have a Unitarian, Universalist, or UU hero from our faith heritage? Prepare to tell how you believe they put their faith into action.
- What advice do you have for someone who wants to make a difference in the world?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.