You Are Here
Leader Reflection and Planning
Take a few minutes to evaluate the curriculum as a whole with your co-leader immediately afterward, while it is fresh. Share your thoughts with any other team co-leaders and your director of religious education. You might find it helpful to consider these questions:
- Which activities worked well today? What didn't work so well?
- Were all children actively engaged? If not, who wasn't and why might that have been? How could they have been better included?
- How well did the activities match the learning styles of the children in this group? What could we do differently, in future programs, to better address learning styles?
- How well did this session balance physically active with sedentary activities?
- How well did this session work in our time frame, and in terms of the logistics of engaging members of our congregation?
- Were there any behavior issues? If so, how can we address them in the future? Do we need more information or help in this area?
- What connections did children make with the activities and/or central ideas? How did we know that was occurring?
- What connections did children make with each other? What connections did we make with the children? When was that most evident?
- Overall, did we successfully create a program characterized by inclusion, diversity appreciation, respect, a noncompetitive environment, and welcome? What could we have done differently?
- What questions or issues arose in this session that we might like to discuss with our director of religious education?