The best way to keep good acts in memory is to refresh them with new. — Cato
This session concludes the Faithful Journeys program. The children use a game to review the Unitarian Universalist Principles they have explored in previous sessions. Rather than a story from UU history or contemporary life, children hear personal stories of acting in faith told by youth or adult members of their own congregation. Invite visitors well in advance.
The children revisit the Faithful Journeys Path they have created together, and affirm actions and choices they have described in their Faithful Footprints. Our final signpost on the Faithful Journeys Path is "Get Moving."
This session will:
- Support children's identification with Unitarian Universalism as they review and apply the Unitarian Universalist Principles learned in previous sessions
- Strengthen children's understanding of religious faith in terms of values affirmed in our Principles and shared across our entire faith, which guide our choices and actions
- Empower children to regard themselves and their Unitarian Universalist congregation as agents of positive change.
- Solidify their understanding of each and all of the Unitarian Universalist Principles
- Internalize the Principles as statements that represent the values Unitarian Universalists share, values which can guide and affirm faithful actions and choices
- Commit to specific ways they will act on the Principles
- Learn about real faithful actions taken by youth and/or adults in their own Unitarian Universalist community
- Affirm their individual and collective acts of agency represented on the Faithful Footprints on the Faithful Journeys Path.
For more information contact email@example.com.