Leader Reflection and Planning
Take a few minutes to evaluate the session with your co-leader immediately afterward, while it is fresh. Share your thoughts with any other team co-leaders and your director of religious education. You might consider:
- Which activities worked well? What didn't work so well?
- Were all children actively engaged? If not, who wasn't and why might that have been? How could they be better included next time?
- How well did the activities match the learning styles of the children in this group? What could we do differently to better accommodate for learning styles in future sessions?
- How well did the session balance physically active with sedentary activities?
- How was the timing? What might need to be done differently for a session to work better within our time frame?
- Were there any behavior issues? If so, how can we address them in the future? Do we need more information or help in this area?
- What connections did children make with the activities and/or central ideas? How did we know that was occurring?
- What connections did children make with each other? What connections did we make with the children? When was that most evident?
- Are we successfully creating a program characterized by inclusion, diversity appreciation, respect, noncompetitive environment, and welcome? What could we have done differently?
- What questions or issues arose in this session that we might like to discuss with our director of religious education?