Activity 4: Story - Here They Come!
Activity time: 8 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "Here They Come!"
- A chime, rain stick or other calming sound instrument
- Optional: Fidget object basket (Session 2, Leader Resource 2)
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story a few times. Think about how you might use items from the story basket as props.
- Consider telling the story rather than reading it. Practice telling it aloud.
Description of Activity
The story about a Transylvanian community welcoming UU visitors from the U.S. demonstrates action based on our sixth Principle, the goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
Before you begin, look around the room and make eye contact with each person. Read or tell the story.
Sound the instrument to indicate the story is over.
Guide a brief discussion with these questions:
- What did Bettje find different about the Americans who visited her village?
- What did she find they shared in common?
- Our sixth Principle talks about the goal of world community. What does that mean? How can we be a community with the whole world?
- What good things could come from people from different countries coming together?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.