Learning Objectives, Session 10: Speak Out
In "Faithful Journeys," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn about Universalist history and the UU heritage of action for justice, through a story about Maria Cook
- Build awareness of their own individual beliefs through the Move It! values continuum game
- Learn about speaking out and nonviolent resistance as strategies for social change, and consider ways to employ them in their own lives
- Experience "speak out" and nonviolence strategies by standing up for what they believe is right, in a role play
- Name ways they might act that would reflect the signpost "Speak Out"
- Name ways they did or could translate their Unitarian Universalist faith and/or Principles into action.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources