Handout 1 Unitarian Universalist Principles, Adult and Child Versions
Unitarian Universalist Principles
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Unitarian Universalist Principles, Children's Version
- We believe each and every person is important.
- We believe all people should be treated fairly.
- In our congregations, all people are accepted and we learn together.
- We believe each person is free to search for what is true and right in life.
- Everyone deserves a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.