Activity 5: Farm Animal Antics
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Post a blank page of newsprint and title the page "Farm Animals."
Description of Activity
Invite the children to form a circle, standing as they are able.
Tell the group that in order to understand the kind of shelter and care farm animals need, they can try to imagine what it might be like to be one of these animals. Ask the children to name some farm animals and list these animals on the newsprint.
Name one animal on the list and lead children in a physical exploration and discussion with these questions:
- How many feet does [a horse] have?
- How does [a horse] move?.
- What kind of shelter will [a horse] need from weather?
- Do [horses] live alone or together in groups?
- Show me how big the [horse's] shelter must be.
- Show me how the [horse] eats.
- What will we need to build so the [horse] can eat?
Continue with another animal until you have explored the features and needs of all the animals the children have suggested.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.