Alternate Activity 2: Taking "Creating Home" Home
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Booklets made using Taking It Home Continuing the Journey Booklet for all participants
- A candle to give each participant
Preparation for Activity
- Make a booklet for each child, using Taking It Home Booklet. Customize the booklet to reflect the Creating Home sessions the group has done.
- Purchase a taper or a votive candle for each participant.
- When you prepare the Taking It Home handout for this session, include information about how families can use the booklet and candle at home.
Description of Activity
Faith development happens mostly in the family home. To support the children's families as they continue on their journey of learning, send a candle and booklet home with each child on the last session.
This would be a wonderful project for someone in the congregation to make for each child and family.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.