Activity 2: Foil Handprints
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A roll of heavy foil
- A pencil with a dull point
- A small stack of old newspapers
- Scissors, including left-handed scissors
- Tape, glue, or a stapler
- Optional: Copies of Handout 1, My Hand Is Unique for all participants
Preparation for Activity
- Set up a work table for yourself with a small stack of newspapers, a roll of heavy foil, and a dull pencil.
- Place scissors at children's work tables.
- Optional: If you have not planned to include each child's foil handprint on their individual name signs (Activity 1: Unique Name Designs), copy Handout 1, My Hand Is Unique for all participants.
Description of Activity
Tell the children that another thing that is unique about each of them is their handprint.
Place the stack of newspaper on the table. The eight-inch-by-12-inch heavy duty foil pieces go on top. Help the children trace their handprints on the foil with a dull pencil. Children will then cut out their foil handprints and mount them on a paper that says, "My hands are unique in all the world." Tell the children these shiny hands will help them remember that they are special and can use their hands to help in their faith homes and their family homes.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.