Alternate Activity 2: Ethics Play
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Two dice (extra large, if possible) of different colors
- Ethics Play role nametags
- Ethics Play Scenarios (Session 1, Leader Resources 2-7)
- Optional: Masks, costumes, and wigs for roles
Preparation for Activity
- If you are or your group is new to Ethics Play, refer to the directions in Activity 4 of Session 1, Introducing Amazing Grace: Exploring Right and Wrong.
Description of Activity
Participants play a game replicating real-life situations involving ethical decisions.
At the end of the game ask whether any of the problems suggested by the game were mentioned in the story of Pandora's box. Ask why participants think life sometimes seems complicated and confusing. Is it because gods and devils are trying to push everybody into either virtue or sin? Is life more interesting because it has so many problems to solve? Or is it worse than it needs to be? Do your youth have faith that all the world's problems can someday be solved and that everything will turn out all right?
Including All Participants
If some participants have limited mobility, you might wish to have the group remain seated, or at least give individuals a choice between standing and sitting when they speak.