Activity 5: Wall-to-Wall Questions
Activity time: 5 minutes
Description of Activity
This activity asks youth to move around and show their answers to some belief questions based on Sessions 13 through 16 of Amazing Grace: Exploring Right and Wrong.
Ask the youth to help move aside any chairs or other furniture that might prevent easy motion. Explain that you are going to play wall-to-wall questions. You will ask a series of questions and you want the youth to show their answers by choosing and moving to one of two opposite walls. Say that there are only two choices for each question; standing in the middle is not an option.
Show the youth the two walls where they are to go in response to the questions. Then ask the questions from the following list, stating after each question which wall represents which answer. Give youth a chance to talk about each question and their responses before moving on to the next one.
- That peer pressure can be bad or good, depending upon what people want you to do: yes or no
- That people have both bad and good in them, and they can decide which to build up: yes or no
- That the values a person has and acts on make that person virtuous or not: yes or no
- That I have the power to make the world a better place: yes or no
- That my family, my faith, and my friends all help to shape my values: yes or no
- That kindness and love for other people are values everybody should have: yes or no