Activity 1: Ethics Play
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Two dice (extra large, if possible) of different colors
- Ethics Play role nametags
- Ethics Play Scenarios (Session 1, Leader Resources 2-7)
- Optional: Masks, costumes, and wigs for roles
Preparation for Activity
- If you are or your group is new to Ethics Play, refer to the directions in Activity 4 of Session 1, Introducing Amazing Grace: Exploring Right and Wrong.
Description of Activity
Participants play a game replicating real-life situations involving ethical decisions.
At the end of the game, connect it to the themes of this session by asking participants to identify the values the various roles used to reach their decisions.
Option: Substitute the ethics challenges developed by your youth in Alternate Activity 2 of Session 15 for those on the leader resource pages. You might also use those challenges as a fun activity for Alternate Activity 3 of this session.
Including All Participants
If some participants have limited mobility, you might wish to have the group remain seated, or at least give individuals a choice between standing and sitting when they speak.
For more information contact email@example.com.