Activity 2: Story and Discussion - How Much Does a Snowflake Weigh?
Activity time: 7 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Story 1, "How Much Does a Snowflake Weigh?"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story.
- Photocopy Story 1, "How Much Does a Snowflake Weigh?," one for each participant.
Description of Activity
Participants hear and discuss a story about small actions making a big difference.
Read or tell Story 1, "How Much Does a Snowflake Weigh?" Alternately, you might ask for one or more volunteers to read it.
Ask for reactions. Then lead a discussion by posing a few questions:
- What is the meaning of the story for us? (What we do counts. We can make a difference.)
- What are some other small things that can have a large impact when great numbers of them get together?
- Has anybody heard the saying about "the straw that broke the camel's back"? Is that the same idea?
If your youth did the Faith in Action from Session 3 called "Group Strength Applied," remind the group of that now.
For more information contact email@example.com.