Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or an LED/battery-operated candle
- A chime or a small bell
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Talking stick (or another item to pass to each speaker)
- Optional: Refreshments
Preparation for Activity
- Place chairs in a circle.
- Set a small center table with chalice and lighter.
- Write agenda for this workshop on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: Set out refreshments.
Description of Activity
Sound the chime and invite participants into quiet reflection as you prepare to enter into a time of centering and sharing. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share these words:
We light this chalice in the spirit of imagination that calls us together,
for the commitment to become collaborators together,
and in the hope that we may be sensitive and courageous
in the journey we extend farther today.
Go around the circle, passing the talking stick if you have chosen to use one. Invite each participant to say their name and check in by sharing something they've witnessed since the last session that made them feel inspired or hopeful about the power of money to make a difference in people's lives.
Sound the chime to signal the end of the centering time.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.