Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- Handout 2, Meditation on Love
- Taking It Home handout
- Copies of the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook, Singing the Journey
Preparation for Activity
- Customize Taking It Home and make copies for all participants.
- Preview Hymn 1017 in Singing the Journey, "Building a New Way."
- Optional: Recruit a volunteer song leader from the group.
Description of Activity
Distribute Taking It Home, Singing the Journey, and Handout 2 (for those who need a copy). Lead participants or have a volunteer to lead them in singing "Building a New Way," Hymn 1017 in Singing the Journey.
Then, form a circle and join hands. Invite each participant to offer a blessing for the group to carry away from the program. Model a blessing using your own words or these:
May you go from here, into a life of shared abundance. May that which you receive and that which you give enrich your life beyond measure.
After everyone has shared a blessing, extinguish the chalice.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.