Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or an LED/battery-operated candle
- A chime or a small bell
- Optional: Talking stick (or another item to pass to each speaker)
- Optional: Refreshments
Preparation for Activity
- Place chairs in a circle. Set a small center table with chalice and lighter.
- Write agenda for this workshop on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: Set out refreshments.
Description of Activity
Welcome people into the circle. Sound the chime and invite participants into quiet reflection as you prepare to enter into a time of centering and sharing. Invite a volunteer to light the chalice as you share these words:
We light this chalice in acknowledgement of reaching a destination,
And the threshold of a new beginning together.
We light this chalice for the places we have been
And those where we have yet to go.
We light this chalice in gratitude for our time together,
that our lives may be better for it
Go around the circle, passing the talking stick if you have chosen to use one, and invite each participant to say their name and to check in by sharing one experience of giving money they have had since the last workshop. Coach them to try to connect their gift with what they learned about themselves and their values in previous workshops.
Sound the chime to signal the end of the centering time.
For more information contact email@example.com.