HANDOUT 2 Ten Things All UUs Should Know About Socially Responsible Investing
1) Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) means making money and making a difference.
2) SRI is much more than just avoiding bad companies.
3) "Investment selection" in SRI means using social, environmental and governance (ESG) criteria as you choose your investments.
4) "Engagement" means working to improve the ESG performance of the companies whose securities you own.
5) "Community investing" means directing a portion of your investments in a way that helps to ameliorate poverty and social inequality.
6) SRI is compatible with strong financial performance.
7) SRI is a growing movement.
8) The UUA is a well-known leader in SRI.
9) Every UU congregation can do SRI.
10) Every individual can do SRI.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.