HANDOUT 1 Personal Investment History Questions
- Where and from whom did you first learn about financial investing? What did your parent(s), mentors, religious community, school, or friends teach you?
- Do you have memories of older members of your family making investments? What were you told about their experiences?
- Were you aware of whether or not people in your family of origin made financial investments? If so, how were investment decisions handled?
- If you have invested your money, what was the first investment you ever made? What became of it?
- What have been the most significant financial investments in your life?
- Have you ever made or lost a significant amount of money (significant to you) through investments?
- If you invest, what have been the most important factors in selecting your personal investments?
- What time horizon do you have in mind when making your investments? Are you thinking about short-, medium-, or long-term plans for your money?
- Is an investment portfolio part of your plan for your future personal and family needs? What is your level of comfort with your ability to provide for future financial needs?
- How does your level of comfort with your ability to provide for future financial needs influence your current money behavior?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.