I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. — Maya Angelou
This workshop invites participants to delve into the spiritual side of giving—generosity as a spiritual practice. The crux of the workshop is the conversation about faithful giving and the ways in which giving transforms the giver. Participants explore their own experiences and motivations through sharing their own giving stories. Participants set their own giving intentions and exchange symbolic gifts of candy coins in a concluding ritual.
If you or your participants wish to explicitly examine the rationale and values represented by leaving a gift as part of your estate plan or will, use Alternate Activity 1, Legacy Giving.
Before leading the workshop, review the Accessibility guidelines in the program Introduction under Integrating All Participants.
This workshop will:
- Explore the intersection of giving values and giving practice
- Guide participants to consider the impact of their generosity on future generations
- Engage deep discussion about the meaning of "faithful giving."
- Share about ways giving has been transformative through recalling their own experiences with giving
- Discern what is meant by "faithful giving"
- Recognize the importance of generosity for future generations
- Set individual intentions for a spiritual practice of financial giving.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.