Closing (5 minutes), Workshop 8: Gently Down the Stream – Polity
In "Faith like a River," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Copies of Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
- Taking It Home
- Handout 2, Signs of Membership — A Self-Reflective Exercise
- Optional: Faith in Action from this workshop and/or Spiritual Preparation section from Workshop 9
Preparation for Activity
- Download and customize Taking It Home as a handout. You may wish to add the Faith in Action activity suggestion from this workshop and/or the Spiritual Preparation questions for the next workshop. Copy Handout 2, Signs of Membership — A Self-Reflective Exercise. Participants will need this handout to do the Taking It Home exercise.
- Place a hymnbook on each participant's chair.
Description of Activity
Distribute Taking It Home. Announce the date, time, and place of the next workshop and any other "housekeeping" information. Request or remind volunteers if you want participants to read material aloud or perform other roles at the next meeting.
Invite participants to gather around the chalice. Sing together Hymn 113, "Where Is Our Holy Church." Extinguish the chalice.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- Workshop 13
- Workshop 14
- Workshop 15
- Workshop 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources