You Are Here
Faith In Action: Involvement in the Wider Movement
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Information on your UUA District or region and the UUA headquarters
- Computer with Internet access
Preparation for Activity
- Explore the website of the Unitarian Universalist Association and the website of your UUA District (find listings on the UUA district page).
- Identify someone in your congregation who currently serves on a Board, committee, task force, panel, or other volunteer position with your district region or the UUA. Your minister will likely know who else in your congregation is involved with association or district service.
Description of Activity
One of the ways reform comes to an institution is through individual involvement and commitment to a process of change. Research how one becomes involved in the work of your district region or wider Association. Interview someone in your congregation who currently serves at a level beyond the congregation. Ask:
- How and why did you choose to become involved?
- What do you do?
- What effect do you feel you have had on the district or the Association?
- What thoughts do you have for others who may wish to extend their involvement beyond the walls of the congregation?