Closing (10 minutes), Workshop 15: Beyond Binaries – The Struggle for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equality
In "Resistance and Transformation," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- The worship/centering table, as set up in the beginning of the workshop
- Participant journals
- Writing materials, including paper, pens, pencils, color pencils, and markers
- Taking It Home handout
Preparation for Activity
- Customize Taking It Home and copy for all participants.
Description of Activity
Make sure each participant has their journal and something to write with. Then, invite participants to respond to one of these questions:
- How has the Unitarian Universalist Association's and/or your congregation's stance on LGBT inclusion and equality made a difference in your own life?
- In the life of your congregation?
- In the life of the wider community?
Allow eight minutes for writing in journals.
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to continue to write in their journals between workshops.
Invite a participant to come forward and extinguish the chalice as you say these words: "As we extinguish this chalice, may we let the light of our tradition kindle our hope for a better world."
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Saturday, December 10, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- Workshop 13
- Workshop 14
- Workshop 15
- Workshop 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources