Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- The worship/centering table, as set up in the beginning of the workshop
- Participant journals
- Writing materials, including paper, pens, pencils, color pencils, and markers
- Taking It Home handout
Preparation for Activity
- Customize Taking It Home and copy for all participants.
Description of Activity
Make sure each participant has their journal and something to write with. Then, invite participants to respond to one of these questions:
- How has the Unitarian Universalist Association's and/or your congregation's stance on LGBT inclusion and equality made a difference in your own life?
- In the life of your congregation?
- In the life of the wider community?
Allow eight minutes for writing in journals.
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to continue to write in their journals between workshops.
Invite a participant to come forward and extinguish the chalice as you say these words: "As we extinguish this chalice, may we let the light of our tradition kindle our hope for a better world."
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.