You Are Here
Activity 2: The Welcoming Congregation
Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 2, The Welcoming Congregation
Preparation for Activity
- Read Handout 2, The Welcoming Congregation and copy it for all participants.
Description of Activity
Distribute Handout 2, The Welcoming Congregation. Invite participants to read it and reflect on the meaning of Welcoming Congregation status in our Association and in the wider world. Lead a discussion using these questions:
- What has been our congregation's experience with the Welcoming Congregation program? Do we have a "Welcoming Congregation" designation? If so, how are we living that identity? If not, what would participation in the Welcoming Congregation program call us to do as congregation and as individuals?
- What role can a program like the Welcoming Congregation play in transforming congregational culture?
- Can the transformation of congregational culture have an impact on the culture of the wider world?