Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Worship or centering table and chalice
- Participant journals
- Writing materials, including paper, pens, pencils, color pencils, and markers
- Taking It Home handout
Preparation for Activity
- Customize the Taking It Home section of this workshop and copy for participants.
Description of Activity
Make sure each participant has their journal and something to write with.
Then, invite everyone to respond to these questions:
- How do you think conscious and unconscious racism affect your life and the life of your congregation?
- What you can do about this?
Allow eight minutes for writing in journals.
Invite a participant to come forward and extinguish the chalice as you say these words: "As we extinguish this chalice, may we let the light of our tradition kindle our hope for a better world."
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to continue to write in their journals between workshops.
For more information contact email@example.com.