Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Sign-in sheet (see Preparation)
- Pen or pencil
- Name tags
- Bold markers
- Copies of Spirit in Practice Series Schedule (see Preparation)
- Workshop agenda listed on newsprint or a digital slide (see Preparation)
- Optional: Computer and digital projector
- Optional: Microphone
Preparation for Activity
- Using Handout 1: Spirit in Practice Series Schedule as a template, create a schedule for your Spirit in Practice workshop series. Include the date, time, location, and description of each workshop. Make a copy for each participant.
- Create a sign-in sheet to gather participants' names, addresses, phone numbers, and/or e-mail addresses.
- Using the Workshop-at-a-Glance as a guide, list the agenda for this workshop on newsprint or a digital slide. Before the group arrives, either post the newsprint agenda or set up the computer and digital projector and display the agenda slide.
- Set up a station with name tags and markers for participants to create their own name tags. Provide large name tags and bold markers so that participants will be able to read one another's name tags from a distance.
- Place the schedules, sign-up sheet, and pen or pencil at the name tag station.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, invite them to sign in, create name tags, and pick up a schedule for the workshop series. Direct their attention to the agenda for this workshop.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.