Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Small worship table and cloth
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- A copy of Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
- Taking It Home handouts for all participants
Preparation for Activity
- Review the Taking It Home section. Decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do.
- Download the Taking It Home section to your computer, customize it for your group, and copy for all participants.
Description of Activity
Gather participants around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop.
Distribute the Taking It Home handout. Explain that each workshop will provide a Taking It Home handout with ideas for continuing to explore the workshop's subject with friends, co-workers, housemates, and family. Mention that the Faith in Action activities included in the handout offer another extension opportunity.
Offer as a benediction Reading 592 in Singing the Living Tradition, "The Free Mind," by William Ellery Channing. Extinguish the chalice and invite participants to go in peace.
Including All Participants
Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations-for example, living alone, with a significant other, in a multigenerational family, or with housemates-in the way you explain the Taking It Home activities.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.