LEADER RESOURCE 3 Engaging as Religious Professionals
This is a 30-minute activity.
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Prepare and post newsprint with these questions:
- What does it mean to be happy?
- Do you believe that you personally have the right to happiness?
- What is the difference between pursuing personal happiness and being selfish?
- Ballou believed we can become happy by extending happiness to others. How can religious professionals encourage adults, youth, and children to act to enhance the happiness of others? How can we help congregants balance self-care (personal right to happiness) with acting to enhance the well-being and happiness of others?
Invite participants to meet in groups of three or four and respond to Ballou's theology of happiness. Ask them to use the posted questions to guide their discussion. After 20 minutes, invite the groups to come together and to share insights or observations.
For more information contact email@example.com.