Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Nametags and bold markers
- Sign-in sheet and pen or pencil
- Optional: Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Computer, digital projector, and digital slide that displays a list of this workshop's activities
Preparation for Activity
- Create a sign-in sheet to gather participants' names, addresses, phone numbers, and/or email addresses.
- Using the Workshop-at-a-Glance as a guide, prepare and post an agenda, or create a digital slide presenting the agenda for display during the workshop.
- Set up a station with nametags and markers for participants to create their own nametags. Provide large nametags and bold markers so that participants will be able to read one another's nametags from a distance.
- Optional: Create and photocopy a handout that provides the dates, times, and locations for future adult programs your congregation will offer.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, invite them to sign in and create nametags.