Closing (5 minutes), Workshop 8: Wings Set Me Free: Hopes, Dreams, and Expanding Vision
In "Spirit of Life," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
- A copy of the closing words you want to use
Preparation for Activity
- Review Taking It Home and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do.
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
- Review the closing words. Decide whether you wish to use these, or another closing. Print out a copy of the closing words you will use. Place your copy of the closing words near the chalice.
Description of Activity
Gather participants around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop.
Hand out the Taking It Home section you have prepared. Invite participants to "take the workshop home" and explain the activities, as needed. Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations—living alone, with a significant other, in a family, with housemates, etc.—in the way you explain the Taking-It-Home activities.
Invite participants to rise in body or spirit and join hands. Then, read aloud the closing words:
We give thanks for the transformative powers
at work in each one of us and in our congregation.
May we trust our powers and know the difference we can make
in the lives of one another.
May we live to make our dreams true.
Extinguish the chalice.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- List of Stories