Faith In Action: Using Your Hands to Help Others, Workshop 5: Move In the Hand: Living Our Spirituality in Our Day-To-Day Lives
In "Spirit of Life," a Tapestry of Faith program
Description of Activity
To help the spirit "move in your hand," try finding a way you can work with your hands that would also involve your creativity and your spirit: Here are some examples:
- Working in or starting a community garden
- Sewing or knitting items for those who are ill or bereaved
- Cooking a meal for someone who needs it
- Creating a piece of art to share with others
- Building something as small like a shelf for your church's library or as big as a house for Habitat for Humanity
- Taking care of children for a church event for young parents.
As you engage in the activity, call to mind the persons who will use it or for whom it is intended. Hold them in thought or in prayer.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- List of Stories