You Are Here
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
Preparation for Activity
- Review Taking It Home and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do on their own.
- Print out Taking It Home for all participants.
- Review and print out the blessing provided as closing words for this workshop.
Description of Activity
Gather the group around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop. Hand out the Taking It Home handout you have prepared. Explain the activities, as needed.
Invite participants to call out a word or phrase about something they remembered, heard, or felt during the workshop. Allow enough time for all who wish to speak to have the opportunity.
Invite everyone to join hands. Offer this blessing:
We give thanks for the web of life and our place in it.
We give thanks for the beauty of the earth, the rhythms and cycles of life.
We give thanks for this time together.
May the Spirit of Life be with us in our parting and in our return.
Extinguish the chalice.
Including All Participants
Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations-living alone, with a significant other, in a family, with housemates, etc.-in the way you explain the Taking It Home activities.