Closing (5 minutes), Workshop 3: The Stirrings Of Compassion: Caring For One Another
In "Spirit of Life," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
Preparation for Activity
- Review Taking It Home and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do on their own.
- Print out Taking It Home for all participants.
- Review and print out the blessing provided as closing words for this workshop.
Description of Activity
Gather the group around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop. Hand out the Taking It Home handout you have prepared. Explain the activities, as needed.
Invite everyone to join hands, and offer this blessing:
We give thanks for our minds, hearts, hands, spirits, and this community.
May we bless one another and bless the world with our caring.
What we do matters more than we know.
May you go home at the end of the day feeling blessed
And feeling you have contributed to the healing of the world.
Go in peace. Go in love.
Extinguish the chalice.
Including All Participants
Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations—living alone, with a significant other, in a family, with housemates, etc.—in the way you explain the Taking It Home activities.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- List of Stories