You Are Here
We covenant to affirm and promote... Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
The living tradition we share draws from... Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love. — Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association
This workshop engages participants in experiencing and reflecting on spiritual moments connected with giving, receiving care, and compassion. Discussion helps participants identify and articulate the aspects of life on Earth that call out for their caring attention to others. The activities help participants recognize, practice, and claim their ability to exchange compassionate spiritual support with others.
This workshop will:
- Consider the roles of compassion and care in spirituality
- Build community in the group.
- Work with others to create a ritual of blessing
- Offer a ritual of blessing to other participants
- Optional: Write a meditation or prayer
- Optional: Create and participate in a healing circle.