We covenant to affirm and promote acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
The living tradition we share draws from... Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces that create and uphold life... — Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association
In this workshop, participants focus attention on spiritual moments experienced in celebrations and rituals. Discussion helps participants name and explore experiences of wonder, awe, and connection they have had as individuals, as well as in family, group, and congregational life. The activities help participants recognize and claim their ability to create meaningful ritual, without props and in a short amount of time.
This workshop will:
- Explore the role of ritual and celebration in spirituality
- Help participants consider the importance of ritual as a means of spiritual growth
- Build community in the group.
- Claim their ability to create meaningful ritual
- Identify spiritual elements of their experience of celebrations and rituals
- Plan and enact a ritual together.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.