Opening (5 minutes), Workshop 1: Spirit Of Life: Exploring Spirituality for Unitarian Universalists
In "Spirit of Life," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Handout 1, Spirit of Life
- Optional: Small votive candle in holder
- Optional: Taper candle in candlestick
Preparation for Activity
- Review and photocopy Handout 1.
- Prepare the altar or centering table with the cloth, chalice and candle, votive candle, taper candle, and matches or lighter. If you are using an LED battery-operated candle, place it in the chalice.
- Optional: Light the votive candle in advance and place the taper nearby so that chalice lighter can use the taper to carry the flame to the chalice.
Description of Activity
Gather the group in a circle. Distribute Handout 1. Indicate the unison chalice-lighting words on the handout.
Invite a participant to light the chalice, while you lead the group in reciting the unison chalice-lighting words.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- List of Stories