We covenant to affirm and promote the free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
The living tradition we share draws from... Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces that create and uphold life. — Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association
This introductory workshop gets participants in touch with spiritual moments in their lives. Rather than offering opportunities to discuss or debate the existence of something external called "spirit," the activities help participants recognize and claim their own internal experiences of wonder, awe, and connection.
"Heart and mind" and "body and spirit" are phrases we use as metaphors to try to describe a goal of our human quest for wholeness. The experiences participants will have in this workshop become part of their own quest—a quest to live fully as individuals and to participate together in creating a loving and just world.
This workshop will:
- Build community in the group
- Help participants get in touch with their own sense of spirituality and the sacred.
- Get to know other participants
- Describe their personal sense of the sacred
- Reflect on and share spiritual moments in their lives
- Optional: Reflect on and discuss their spiritual journeys.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.