Activity 2: Navigating Moments of Crisis (10 minutes), Workshop 7: Integrity
In "Harvest the Power," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Paper and pens/pencils for all participants
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Assure that each participant has a comfortable space for writing.
- Prepare and post newsprint with these questions:
- What were the circumstances?
- What choices did you have to make?
- What skills or information did you seek to help you?
- What spiritual and emotional resources did you need?
- Did you feel prepared spiritually and emotionally for the challenge?
- How could you have been better prepared?
- What did you learn? How did this experience change you?
- How did/does your experience contribute to your perception of yourself as a leader?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to recall a moment of crisis in their own lives, a moment when they had some choices to make. It might be a work, family or health crisis, or a crisis that emerged out of a commitment or goal they were pursuing. Allow a minute of silence for participants to bring a moment of crisis to mind.
Indicate the questions you have posted on newsprint. Tell participants they will have ten minutes to write or silently meditate in response to the questions and, while they will not share their reflections with one another at this time, the reflections will be helpful later in the workshop (Activity 4).
Read the questions aloud.
After ten minutes, invite participants to finish writing or reflecting and return their attention to the group. Ask for brief feedback about the experience of considering their own spiritual and emotional resources.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Saturday, October 29, 2011.