Leader Resource 2: UU Reverse Quiz Responses and Questions
The questions here are valid responses in the UU Reverse Quiz game (Activity 3); however, keep in mind some items may have additional, valid responses.
UU STAMPS (Unitarians, Universalists and Unitarian Universalists who have been featured on U.S. postage stamps)
Civil War nurse and founder of the American Red Cross
- Who was Clara Barton?
Second president of the United States and signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Who was John Adams?
Nineteenth-century author whose books included Little Women
- Who was Louisa May Alcott?
Twentieth-century social worker, educator, civil rights leader and winner of the Medal of Freedom
- Who was Whitney Young?
Twentieth-century Hungarian composer who used folk melodies in his works
- Who was Bela Bartok?
JUUSTICE FOR ALL (Unitarian Universalist organizations and programs to promote peace and justice)
A congregation that has an intentional outreach to bisexual, gay, lesbian and transgender people.
- What is a Welcoming Congregation?
An organization that advances human rights and social justice in the U.S. and around the world
- What is the UUSC or Unitarian Universalist Service Committee?
Program where congregations work toward environmental justice
- What is Green Sanctuary?
Organization of religious professionals and lay people of color
- What is DRUUMM or Diverse and Revolutionary Unitarian Universalist Multicultural Ministries?
Threat of Global Warming, Peacemaking and Alternatives to the War on Drugs
- What are the subjects of recent UUA statements of conscience?
Wisdom from the world's religions, spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions, stories of prophetic women and men, Jewish and Christian teachings, humanist teachings, direct experience of transcending mystery and wonder
- What are the Sources of our Unitarian Universalist tradition?
God is love, and all people are saved.
- What are two simple statements of Universalist theology?
Judaism and Christianity
- In which traditions does Unitarian Universalism have its historical and religious roots?
A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- What is the fourth Unitarian Universalist Principle?
God is one.
- What is a simple statement of Unitarian theology?
OUR FREE ASSOCIATION (information about our Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations)
- What is the name of the annual gathering of congregational representatives?
They provide geographically based resources to help local congregations.
- What are districts?
Financial support that Unitarian Universalist congregations give to the association
- What is meant by "Fair Share"?
YRUU or Young Religious Unitarian Universalists
- What is the name many congregations use for their youth program?
The seven Principles are contained in this kind of document (hint: a __________ of right relations)
- What is a covenant?
HERETICAL QUOTES (well known quotes from Unitarians, Universalists and Unitarian Universalists)
It said, "When in doubt, pray. When in prayer, doubt."
- What is the 2007 Unitarian Universalist marketing campaign?
She said, "Men their rights and nothing more. Women their rights and nothing less."
- Who is Susan B. Anthony?
He said, "It is in our lives, and not our words, that our religion must be read."
- Who is Thomas Jefferson?
He said, "Give them not hell, but hope and courage."
- Who is John Murray?
He said, "We need not think alike to love alike."
- Who is Francis David?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.