Handout 2: UU Quiz Game Questions, Side 2
UU POSTAGE STAMPS
- Who was John Adams?
Answer: Second president of the United States , signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Who was Louisa May Alcott?
Answer: Nineteenth-century author whose books include Little Women
- Who was Bela Bartok?
Answer: Twentieth-century Hungarian composer who used folk melodies in his works
JUUSTICE FOR ALL
- What is DRUUMM? (Diverse and Revolutionary Unitarian Universalist Multicultural Ministries)?
Answer: Organization of ministers and other religious professionals of color
- What is the UUSC (Unitarian Universalist Service Committee)?
Answer: An organization that advances human rights and social justice in the U.S. and around the world.
- What are some of the Sources of our tradition?
Answer: Wisdom from the world's religions, spiritual teachings of earth-based religions, stories of prophetic women and men, Jewish and Christian teachings, direct experience of mystery and wonder, humanist teachings
- What is the fourth Unitarian Universalist Principle?
Answer: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- What are two simple statements of Universalist theology?
Answer: "God is love" and "All people are saved."
- What is a simple statement of Unitarian theology?
Answer: God is one.
OUR FREE ASSOCIATION
- What is the name of the annual gathering of Unitarian Universalist congregational representatives?
Answer: General Assembly
- What is meant by the term "Fair Share?"
Answer: Financial support that Unitarian Universalist congregations give to the Association
- Who said, "It is in our lives, and not our words, that our religion must be found?"
Answer: Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States and a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- What is the origin of the quote, "When in doubt, pray. When in prayer, doubt."?
Answer: 2007 Unitarian Universalist Association marketing campaign.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.