Activity 1: Connections
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
- Index cards and pens or pencils
- Table for displaying completed index cards
Preparation for Activity
- Write the following statements on newsprint, and post:
- I felt I belonged in this congregation when...
- I felt like a Unitarian Universalist when...
Description of Activity
Give each participant two index cards and a pen or pencil. Invite participants to complete the two statements posted on newsprint on separate index cards.
Allow a minute or two. Then, invite volunteers in turn to share their statements. Ask the group to hold their comments or questions until everyone has spoken.
Lead the group to reflect on the similarities and differences in their experiences. What common experiences exist in this group? What experiences were unique to individuals? What is the advantage of having people with different knowledge and experiences in this group? Collect all statements and display them on a table. Encourage participants to look at them during the break.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.