Alternate Activity 1: Representing Adaptive Leadership
Activity time: 30 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Self-hardening clay for all participants
- Material to protect tables
- Water in containers to share
Preparation for Activity
- Arrange space so each participant has room to work with clay.
- Cover tables to protect them. Set out containers of water to keep clay soft.
Description of Activity
What strategies and skills does an adaptive leader use? What kind of presence does that person have? Distribute clay and invite participants to create a representation or symbol of what it means to exercise adaptive leadership.
Allow the group 15 minutes to work with clay. Then invite each participant to present and explain their representation.