Alternate Activity 1: What I Cherish
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- As a facilitator, be prepared to model this activity.
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- Your name
- How long you have been a part of this congregation
- A brief story about a place, person or item you cherish
Description of Activity
This activity provides a safe space for participants to share, at whatever level they are comfortable, a bit of their identity through a story of something they cherish. You might use it before or instead of Activity 2, These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.
Indicate the newsprint. Give participants a minute to prepare to introduce themselves to the group, using the items on newsprint as a guide.
In a group larger than ten, you may wish to form smaller groups for this activity. Facilitators should go first to model the introductions.
For more information contact email@example.com.