Alternate Activity 1: What I Cherish
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- As a facilitator, be prepared to model this activity.
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- Your name
- How long you have been a part of this congregation
- A brief story about a place, person or item you cherish
Description of Activity
This activity provides a safe space for participants to share, at whatever level they are comfortable, a bit of their identity through a story of something they cherish. You might use it before or instead of Activity 2, These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.
Indicate the newsprint. Give participants a minute to prepare to introduce themselves to the group, using the items on newsprint as a guide.
In a group larger than ten, you may wish to form smaller groups for this activity. Facilitators should go first to model the introductions.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.