If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. — John Quincy Adams, sixth President of the United States
This workshop serves as an introduction to the Harvest the Power program, presenting key concepts and inviting participants to share their own leadership stories. The two-hour workshop includes a 10-minute break following Activity 2.
Whether or not you plan to use all eight workshops of Harvest the Power in sequence, you may wish to begin your Harvest the Power program with some activities from this workshop.
This workshop will:
- Facilitate introductions and build rapport among the group
- Present the purposes and key concepts of the Harvest the Power program
- Offer theological grounding for faithful leadership, based on the work of Unitarian theologian James Luther Adams
- Help participants develop their identities and skills as Unitarian Universalist lay leaders.
- Begin making connections with one another
- Explore their own experiences becoming leaders and learning how to exercise leadership
- Explore connections with their own sense of the divine or ultimate
- Identify the ways their faith has grown, changed and deepened over time
- Become familiar with the work of James Luther Adams, a 20th-century Unitarian theologian.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.