Learning Objectives, Workshop 5: Natural, Legal, and Human Rights
In "What We Choose: Ethics for Unitarian Universalists," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn about rights-based ethics and differentiate between natural rights, legal rights, and human rights
- Identify situations in which they already engage in this form of ethical decision making
- Consider the source or authority upon which they base their affirmation and/or support of particular rights
- Explore situations where rights claims are in conflict and consider how to prioritize conflicting claims.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, January 19, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)